In order to develop a caring environment where all students can achieve their potential students, parents, and school staff must ALL assume shared responsibilities for making our common goals a reality.
FIA Charter School Responsibilities:
- Be non- sectarian and non-discriminatory in programs, admissions policies, employment practices, and operations.
- Provide a quality instructional program that complies with the Florida Sunshine State Standards.
- Be accountable to MDCPS for our performance as stated in our charter.
- Not to charge tuition and fees, except for special programs (after-care, field trips, supplemental books, lab fees, etc.).
- Meet all applicable health, safety, and civil requirements.
- Subject the school to annual financial audits.
- Be accountable to its students, parents, and community through continuous planning, evaluation, and refinement.
- Participate in on-going professional development activities.
- Communicate with parents and students to discuss student progress.
- Provide each FIA student with an FIA Student Handbook.
- Involve students in developing a Personalized Instructional Plan, as required.
- Treat each student with respect, while holding them accountable for themselves.
- Allow eligible students to participate in student government.
The faculty and staff of FIA agree to follow the school rules and regulations as set forth in the responsibilities listed above.